Still touring behind its 2016 release, Round Midnight, Birds of Chicago comes to town for a house concert at North Shore Point House Concert Series in Norfolk and we are fortunate to have them as guests this Sunday morning. Birds of Chicago is an ensemble built around the duo of Allison Russell and JT Nero...they've been together since 2012. Their music is rich and soulful. Their own website tells it all, they exude "a stark, elemental imagery that feels like scripture, or a lost folk song recovered; the Birds draw heavily on the gospel tradition and the music feels like a new, secular gospel of sorts. For Birds of Chicago, every word counts. Every note counts. No gold-dusting, no filler." We hope you will join us for this very special acoustic session this Sunday on Hunter At Sunrise. For more about Birds of Chicago, click HERE.
Va. Beach's Michael Hensen is a highly energetic singer-songwriter who has been on our show before. But that was some time ago and we have a lot of catching up to do. He has produced an EP of songs and no doubt he'll be playing some of them for you this Sunday. So we hope you will tune in as Michael Hensen returns to Hunter At Sunrise for a live acoustic session this weekend.
Skye Zentz always has something going on. Not only is she and her family a part of the Sea Level Festival this weekend but she also has been writing songs for a new show beginning a run at ODU. Skye will be our guest this Sunday and she is bringing some of the cast members with her. It's always a great time when Skye Zentz visits Hunter At Sunrise. Hope you can join us...for more about Skye Zentz, click HERE.
That's right, Hunter At Sunrise has tickets to give away to the show, "Rain, A Tribute to the Beatles" at the Sandler Center on April 12th. We will be giving away a pair of tickets to the concert every Sunday leading up to the show starting this Sunday. Make sure you like the Hunter At Sunrise Facebook page because that is a big part of how you win. As always thanks for your support of Hunter At Sunrise and live music in Hampton Roads.
The Sea Level Singer Songwriter Festival is right around the corner. It's March 31st and April 1st this year and for it's 10th Anniversary, it will feature the musical families of Hampton Roads. One of those families is headed by our guest this Sunday Bobby Blackhat Walters, one of the great blues artists in the area. Bobby and his daughter Akeylah will visit the show with guitarist Tom Euler to play songs and talk about their participation in the upcoming festival. We hope you can join us for this very special live acoustic session as Bobby and Akeylah Walters return to Hunter At Sunrise. For more about the Sea Level Singer-Songwriter Festival, click HERE.
Olivia Dyer is a very busy woman. She writes music constantly even on the heels of releasing her second full length album in January. The new record, Time & Age, was recorded in Boone, North Carolina and is a very introspective work which contemplates how quickly life is passing. Olivia will pay her first visit to Hunter At Sunrise this Sunday to talk about the new disc and her efforts to produce a third one. For more about Olivia Dyer, click HERE.
Amos Lee, whose albums we have featured so many times and who even visited the show for an acoustic session, will be here at the Sandler Center in Va. Beach this coming Saturday night. And we are so excited to have pairs of tickets to give away on this Sunday's show. There is a small catch of course. You have to like or have liked our Facebook page...once you have done that, your chances are great you may be attending this cool concert courtesy of Hunter At Sunrise. If you have liked the page, being listening for instructions how you can win the tickets. For more about Amos Lee, click HERE.
If a huge snow storm doesn't hit, you can look for another great live acoustic session this Sunday morning. Mark Rogers of Williamsburg will pay his first visit to Hunter At Sunrise. Mark frequents many of the open mikes on the Peninsula and now is releasing a new EP called Rearranged. Hope you can tune in for this special live acoustic session of orginial music as we welcome Mark Rogers this Sunday.
Lowland Hum discribes its sound as "minimal acoustic music" but as you will hear this Sunday, it leads to very big results. Their third disc titled Thin has just been released and has been featured on NPR All Songs Considered and Paste Magazine amoung others. Lowland Hum is the project of husband-wife team, Daniel and Lauren Goans. They are originally from North Carolina but are now based in Charlottesville. They took time off from a very busy tour to be on our show this weekend so we hope you will tune in and check them out. For more about Lowland Hum, click HERE.
More Articles ...
- Naming the Twins from Nova Scotia Visits Hunter At Sunrise this Sunday Morning
- We Get to Discover the Music of Young Emily Gaines This Sunday on Hunter At Sunrise
- Hunter At Sunrise is Happy to Welcome Back Kevin Blatnik with Mike Glass This Sunday Morning
- Hunter At Sunrise Goes On The Road To Showcase 3 Of the Area's Greatest Artists This Sunday
- Long Time Hampton Roads Singer-Songwriter Amy Ferebee Returns to Hunter At Sunrise This Sunday
- Logan Vath Returns to Hunter At Sunrise
- Thanks for the Nomination!
- It's Still The New Year And Our Guest is Still a New Artist..James Wright Pays His First Visit to Hunter At Sunrise This Sunday
- Happy New Year from Hunter At Sunrise...Here is Our List of Notable Albums from 2016
- Singer/Songwriter/Actor Chris Van Cleave Makes His First Visit to Hunter At Sunrise This Sunday
- Recording Artists Catie Curtis and Maia Sharp Return to Hunter At Sunrise This Sunday
- Hunter At Sunrise says Happy New Year with Recording Artists Maia Sharp and Catie Curtis
- Ron Fetner Shares His Bluehouse Project With Us on Hunter At Sunrise This Sunday
- Mike Lawson Has A New Album And an Acoustic Session on Hunter At Sunrise This Sunday
- Narissa Bond is Our Guest on Hunter At Sunrise This Weekend
- Hunter At Sunrise Presents the 757 Hour This Sunday Morning
- Hunter At Sunrise Survives The Big Storm
- Hunter At Sunrise Takes a Short Break to Wave at Hurricane Matthew
- Karl Werne Is Our Guest on Hunter At Sunrise This Sunday
- Local Guitar Wizard Matt Thomas Pays Another Visit to Hunter At Sunrise