Our new way of presenting live music has been a rousing success over the last two weekends and we continue with live guests this Sunday. We are happy to welcome for the first time singer/songwriter Matt Vollmer. Matt is originally from North Carolina, studied music in Florida and now resides in Va. Beach. He now occasionally plays various venues here in the area. Hope you can join us as Matt Vollmer visits Hunter At Sunrise for the first time this Sunday.
It's our second Sunday of live guests and we're welcoming members of the Ben Phelps Project to the show. The Smithfield based band was supposed to visit right after the release of their critically acclaimed album, Wake Up the Guards, but the pandemic had other ideas. So we're making up for it with a live acoustic session this Sunday. We will be social distancing as we did last weekend and we appreciate the band being patient, allowing us to work out the details for this interview. Hope you will join us as the Ben Phelps Project comes to Hunter At Sunrise this Sunday morning. For more about the Ben Phelps Project, click HERE.
Yes, it has been since early March since we've had guests come to the studio to be on the show. The pandemic did a number on our live acoustic sessions, but this Sunday all that changes as the Norfolk duo, Dry Land, visits Hunter At Sunrise. Dry Land is Kate and Drew Landman and they have been on the show before as part of the band House of Cards. We will be social distancing of course, taking extra steps to be safe from the virus. But we are very excited to present live music on the radio once again. Hope you will join us as Dry Land visits Hunter At Sunrise this Sunday.
We are taking a short break this morning...but we will return next Sunday with a new live show which will feature our first LIVE acoustic session since early March. We're very excited about that! In the meantime we hope you'll enjoy this encore presentation of our show featuring national recording artists Lowland Hum from Charlottesville. Thanks so much for listening.
We're taking a Sunday off because Hunter is celebrating a birthday week. Hunter At Sunrise will still be there this Sunday morning though, as we present an encore show featuring master guitarist, Matt Thomas, that we aired earlier this year. We will return to live shows the following weekend. Please stay safe.
The above AltRadio player is currently having problems working in Chrome browsers. If the show doesn't play for you, try Firefox, Safari, or Explorer. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Hunter At Sunrise is continuing to do live shows on Sunday mornings during this pandemic...just our acoustic sessions are being repeated. And this Sunday we have an encore presentation of Karl Werne (alias: Karl Puth) and Friends. (Obviously our picture was taken before social distancing was fashionable). It was a very cool and somewhat raucus session we had in January so we hope you enjoy it. For more about Karl Werne, click HERE.
We here at Hunter At Sunrise know that this is a stressful time for everyone. Businesses are closing, people are being laid off and you can't even get within 6 feet of people on the street. But we want all our listeners to know that we are here for you and every Sunday, if we can, we will be presenting live shows in an effort to take some of the energy out of all the problems. Unfortunately, due to this pandemic, we cannot have live guests in the studio until this is over...so just for the guest segment only, we will be re-airing past acoustic sessions until futher notice. As always we thank you for your support and hope you will enjoy our program during this difficult time. Thanks so much for listening.
Be safe, Hunter
Be safe, Hunter
Jeremy Mangrum is the leader of the band, Big Forest Fire, and he was just on our show last January as part of Karl Werne and Friends. Now he returns to play a solo live acoustic session on the show. Originally from Louisiana, Jeremy now resides in Virginia Beach and his band plays at a number of venues throughout the area. Hope you will join us this Sunday as Jeremy Mangrum plays his first solo gig on Hunter At Sunrise. For more about Jeremy Mangrum and Big Forest Fire, click HERE.
More Articles ...
- We will be live this Sunday but with social distancing our session with Jeremy Mangrum will be a repeat
- After many years, Will Overman returns to Hunter at Sunrise this Sunday morning.
- We will be live again this Sunday but our interview with Will Overman of Charlottesville is an encore
- Hunter At Sunrise has another live show this Sunday as we also present our encore session with Jim Masters
- Nashville's Kayce Laine McGehee will be our guest this Sunday on Hunter At Sunrise
- We hope you know this guy because he's our first live guest of 2020 this Sunday
- Hunter At Sunrise invites you to discover a new artist, Clay Bitter, this Sunday morning
- Dwayne Wegley just released his debut album this year and he's our guest this Sunday morning on Hunter At Sunrise
- Hunter At Sunrise takes a short vacation
- Jerry Sowers of Newport News is releasing a new cd and he's our guest this Sunday morning
- Alana Springsteen has her eyes on that world tour but first she's our guest on Hunter at Sunrise this Sunday
- Va. Beach's Tammy Gardner is our guest this Sunday on Hunter at Sunrise
- Who we are Not returns to Hunter At Sunrise this Sunday
- This Sunday we introduce you to the music of David Stoddard on Hunter At Sunrise
- A message from Hunter At Sunrise
- Narissa Bond is back on Hunter At Sunrise with a newly released album
- Nicky Lee is our guest this Sunday morning on Hunter At Sunrise
- Michael Lille returns to Hunter at Sunrise after a very long hiatus this Sunday Morning
- Hope you can join us as Liz & Brydge visit Hunter At Sunrise for the first time this Sunday
- It's springtime so that must mean it's Skye-time on Hunter At Sunrise