This Sunday, we should be back with a new live show and we're planning two acoustic sessions for a change...the Esoteric Ramblers and the session with Slaid Cleaves that did not air last Sunday. Lots of music recorded live this Sunday, hope you'll check it out. For more about Slaid Cleaves from Austin, click HERE.
Yes, Sunday is St. Pat's Day and we're welcoming the Estoteric Ramblers to Hunter At Sunrise for the first time. The Irish holiday has given more than just a few reasons to imbibe a brew or two (especially the green variety) so we have invited a band that has raised beer to a high art form on their 2012 release Keg of Love. We're having a little fun and talking beer on HunterAtSunrise this Sunday morning and playing a few songs, too...please listen responsibly. For more about the Esoteric Ramblers, click HERE.
Hope you will come out this Saturday to Thomas Nelson Community College from 4 pm to 9:30 pm for the Hampton Acoustic Blues Festival presented by the Natchel' Blues Network. In its 12th year, the festival is once again welcoming a fine array of acoustic artists. Headlining is blues singer and guitarist, Mary Flower, on a bill that includes The Piedmont Acoustic Blues Duo, Shawn Strickland, and Jerron "Blind Boy" Paxton. There's also a slide guiar workshop with Larry Berwald. I will be emceeing the event, so I hope you can make it out, say hello, and enjoy some killer acoustic blues. For more about the Hampton Acoustic Blues Festival, click HERE,
The last time James Lee Stanley was on our show, he was touring with Cliff Eberhardt behind their collaboration, All Wood and Doors. Now he is in town for a solo show at the Oberndorf Central Library in Va Beach Saturday night as part of the Tidewater Friends of Folk Music concert series. He will be joining us Sunday morning for another live Acoustic Session. I understand he has joined back up with John Batdorf (of Batdorf and Rodney fame), and they are about to release a new All Wood and Stones disc. We'll be talking to him about that and whatever else he's been doing out on the west coast where he lives now. For more about James Lee Stanley, click HERE.
The last time Logan Vath was on our show it was February, 2013 and hardly anyone knew who he was. Now, after producing an album, winning a few local music awards, and beginning work on a second album, Logan returns to Hunter at Sunrise. Oh, did I mention he is opening for Shawn Colvin next Thursday at the Sea Level Singer-Songwriter Festival at the Naro Theatre. So we have a lot to talk about and Logan has a lot of new music to play this Sunday morning on Hunter At Sunrise. For more about Logan Vath, click HERE.
Yes, that's right, Logan Vath has never been on our show before...but he will be this Sunday morning. A relative newcomer to the area, Vath has already caught the attention of the local music community. He was nominated for a couple of Veer local music awards and actually won one, taking the best busker prize at the Veer show on Feb. 12th. So I hope you will join me this Sunday as Logan Vath makes his first appearance on Hunter At Sunrise. For more about Logan Vath, click HERE.
Hunter At Sunrise welcomes back Nate Sacks and Larry Berwald this Sunday and they'll be
talking about some special opportunities for area up and coming singer-songwriters in conjuction with this April's Sea Level Singer-Songwriter Festival in Norfolk. They'll also unveil a new song that supports the mission of Tidewater Arts Outreach, an organization providing music and arts to area nursing homes and hospitals. So join us for this very special Acoustic Session. For more about Tidewater Arts Outreach and its Sea Level Singer-Songwriter Festival, Click HERE.
Acoustic guitarist, Matt Thomas, returns to Hunter At Sunrise this weekend with new tunes and a studio album in the works. Matt is the youngest person I know who plays the harp guitar and he has great influences. He has studied with Stephen Bennett and Tommy Emmanuel. In fact, he is working with long time Tommy Emmanuel producer, Kim Person, on his new record. So I hope you'll join me for yet another stellar live acoustic session, this time with Matt Thomas, this Sunday morning on Hunter At Sunrise.
Fresh off the release of his solo record, Break Of Day, Bill Gurley returns to Hunter At Sunrise this Sunday morning for a live acoustic session. Bill has been on our show before but usually accompanied by his family...Sunday it will just be him and renowned bassist, Jimmy Masters, in our studio. Bill, who hails from Lancaster County, Va., has assembled a delicate blend of acoustic instrumentals and songs on Break Of Day, an album we have played a lot of since its release late last year...so I hope you will join me for this very special live acoustic session this Sunday.
More Articles ...
- Hunter At Sunrise visits Victorian Station this Sunday
- Indie Singer/Songwriter, Lucy Kaplansky, returns to Hunter At Sunrise this Sunday
- The New Year Heats up Quickly When the Last Bison Visits Hunter At Sunrise This Sunday
- Hunter At Sunrise Giving Away Martin Sexton Tickets This Sunday
- Mallory McKendry and Trey Andrews visit Hunter At Sunrise on the first Sunday of 2013
- Brandon Bower to Deliver some Delicious Christmas Funk this Sunday
- Hunter At Sunrise Gets It's Christmas On as Big Wide Grin Returns to the Show
- An Early Christmas Present From Hunter At Sunrise
- Very Happy Holidays from Hunter At Sunrise
- A Thanksgiving Gift: David Wilcox visits Hunter At Sunrise this Sunday Morning
- Jonathan Regier to Visit Hunter At Sunrise this Sunday
- Hunter At Sunrise Giving Away Concert Tickets this Sunday
- Hope You'll Help the Victims of Sandy
- Sandy Takes Out Hunter At Sunrise
- Norfolk's Nance Schwegler visits Hunter At Sunrise this Sunday
- Hunter At Sunrise Gives Away Concert Tickets This Weekend
- Danielle Ate The Sandwich Visits Hunter At Sunrise This Sunday
- Jesse Terry and Friends Visit Hunter At Sunrise This Sunday
- A Very Special Acoustic Session this Sunday Morning
- Janelle Charise of Charlotte makes Her 1st Visit to Hunter At Sunrise this Sunday