Yes, un-beknownst to me, Skye Zentz has alot going on this week....recording sessions, TV appearances and now, a live acoustic session on Hunter At Sunrise this Sunday morning. You may recall that Skye produced an album, Bird Heart that garnered her a local VEER Music award last February and now she's been playing all over town, solo and with her band. It will be good to catch up with the life and times of Skye Zentz this Sunday...hope you'll join us. For more about Skye Zentz, click HERE.
Photo by Thomas Fusaro
The last time Dan Pellegrino was on our show, he was one of the three artists we interviewed at Victorian Station's Open Mic in Hampton. Now he'll be returning to Hunter At Sunrise as the sole performer during our live acoustic session this Sunday morning. In April, he was among the 10 artists performing at the TAO Emerging Artist Showcase at the Attucks Theatre. Even though he did not make it to the final round of three, he still made a very strong showing in a tough competition. So I hope you will join us for a live acoustic session with Dan Pelligrino this Sunday morning. For more about Dan Pelligrino, click HERE.
Singer/Songwriter and surfer, Donavon Frankenreiter, makes a return visit to Hunter At Sunrise this Sunday. The first time Donavon was on the show he was playing the Norva several years ago...so it's indeed good to catch up with what he's been up to since. Based in Hawaii where he lives with his wife and two children, Donavon is still touring behind last year's release Start Livin'. His sunny, breezy style is the perfect way for us to start our summer. Hope you'll join us this Sunday morning as we return to live shows with an acoustic session featuring Donavon Frankenreiter. For more about Donavon Frankenreiter, click HERE.
After much schedule shuffling and emailing back and forth, The Hunts make their first visit to Hunter At Sunrise this Sunday morning. The Hunts are an indie-folk band from southern Chesapeake. They are seven brothers and sisters who, with their latest record We Were Young, have put the world on notice that they are a musical force to be reckoned with. The record has 10 original songs that attest to the band's collaborative writing, composing and musical skills. It's also produced by 13 time Grammy nominee Mark Carman in a Nashville recording session that lasted 4 days.
Hope you will join us this Sunday as we talk to the Hunts about their new album, their music camps, and their recent trip to Haiti. For more about the Hunts, click HERE. To see where we did our acoustic session click the picture.
Yes, you've seen him on the cover of VEER Magazine or maybe playing someplace in town...now you'll hear Shane Cooley's return to Hunter At Sunrise this Sunday morning. After his first time on Sunrise when he was just 17, Shane has been on a tear, recording several EPs and albums. His latest disc is When It Rains, It Pours, released last November. Yes, Shane has been on our show several times over the years and it will be nice to catch up with what he is doing. Join us this Sunday morning for a live acoustic session with Shane Cooley. For more about Shane Cooley, click HERE.
Tune in this Sunday morning to hear about the life and times of Mojo Collins, a bluesman who has opened up for artists like Muddy Waters, Janis Joplin, the Grateful Dead, and Blue Cheer. A longtime resident (40 years) of North Carolina's Outer Banks, you'll get to hear some of Mojo's patented Carolina Blues. It's another special acoustic session this Sunday...hope you'll join us. For more info on Mojo Collins, click HERE.
Grammy nominated singer/songwriter Gretchen Peters visits Hunter At Sunrise for the first time this Sunday fresh off of releasing her most critically acclaimed album to date, Hello Cruel World. Her songs have been covered by an impressive list of artists, Martina McBride, Etta James, Trisha Yearwood, Patty Loveless, George Strait, Anne Murray, and Neil Diamond. She was also the winner of a Country Music Association Song Of The Year award and a Grammy nomination for Martina McBride's "Independence Day" in 1995. In town for the North Shore Point House Concert series, we get to talk to her about her new album. Hope you'll join us for this special acoustic session with Gretchen Peters this Sunday morning. For more about Gretchen Peters, click HERE.
Grammy nominated singer/songwriter Gretchen Peters visited Hunter At Sunrise back in May fresh off of releasing her most critically acclaimed album to date, Hello Cruel World. Her songs have been covered by an impressive list of artists, Martina McBride, Etta James, Trisha Yearwood, Patty Loveless, George Strait, Anne Murray, and Neil Diamond. She was also the winner of a Country Music Association Song Of The Year award and a Grammy nomination for Martina McBride's "Independence Day" in 1995. In town for the North Shore Point House Concert series, we got to talk to her about her new album and met her husband who plays a wicked accordion. Hope you'll join us for this encore show featuring Gretchen Peters this Sunday morning. For more about Gretchen Peters, click HERE.
More Articles ...
- Luke Hartman, TAO Emerging Artist Winner visits Hunter At Sunrise this Sunday
- The Hunter At Sunrise Blog: April is for Spring.....Loaded
- Scott Slay is Picking on Hunter At Sunrise This Sunday and He is Bringing Some of His Friends
- With New Album in Tow, Mike Aiken Sails back to Hunter At Sunrise This Sunday
- The Hunter At Sunrise Blog: It's a Crazy Buzy Week
- Glen Phillips Returns to Hunter At Sunrise
- Hunter At Sunrise Re-Airs Show Featuring Glen Phillips This Sunday
- It's a Local Artist Invasion of Hunter At Sunrise This Sunday
- Soul Haven Showcase Artists visit Hunter At Sunrise This Sunday
- Maybe The Second Time's the Charm
- It's St. Patrick's Day This Sunday...What Better Way to Spend it Than With a Session With The Esoteric Ramblers
- Hunter At Sunrise Supports the Acoustic Blues Festival This Weekend
- James Lee Stanley Returns to Hunter At Sunrise
- Logan Vath Makes the Long Journey back to Hunter At Sunrise This Sunday Morning
- Logan Vath makes his First Visit to Hunter At Sunrise
- Nate Sacks and Larry Berwald visit Sunrise with News from the Sea Level Festival
- Matt Thomas is very Excited (He's going to be Back on Hunter At Sunrise this Sunday)
- Singer/Songwriter/Instrumentalist, Bill Gurley visits Hunter At Sunrise this Sunday
- Hunter At Sunrise visits Victorian Station this Sunday
- Indie Singer/Songwriter, Lucy Kaplansky, returns to Hunter At Sunrise this Sunday